Festive Tray - A Video Tutorial
Hello crafty friends,
Wishing you all a very happy Diwali. How about decorating a tray for this festive season.
Here is the video tutorial of MDF tray decoupage
Here are the steps in brief:
- First sand the tray with sandpaper
- Apply a coat of white gesso /primer over the tray.
- Draw the design on the tray with pencil and then paint the tray with Chalk paints - I have used Summer Sky, Lime Green & Fresh Butter.
- Allow it to dry completely
- Add stencil designs / rice papers / decoupage papers
- Apply a coat of decoupage glue to adhere it to the tray
- Dry it with a heat gun and then decorate it with flat silver bindi
- Finish the process by applying any wood varnish for waterproofing
- MDF tray
- Creative Genie Chalk Paints - Lime Green, Summer Sky, Fresh Butter
- Perfect Craft Glue - Matte
- Decoupage Glue
- Creative Genie Modelling Paste
- 5mm round Bindi White silver
- White Gesso
We look forward to what you create with our chalk paints
Hope you enjoyed the process of decorating the MDF tray.